- Sitting in between two guys with dueling cologne smells. This only means when I get off the plane i am going to be smelling of man scent. Twice.
- I’m pretty sure they are reading my computer screen right now.
- Sup bro.
- Can I get some more room on the arm rest though?!
- Most ladies wearing dresses can’t maintain the closing of their legs. I have seen more of their panties than I have of mine.
- Polo players. A lot more buff than I had expected.
- 600lb woman wearing a royal blue angry birds t-shirt. The single most greatest sight my eyes have ever beheld.
- Hipsters. They are here. And i’m pretty sure I’ve never heard of the bands in their ipod.
- Jorts. I’ve seen 9 pairs of them.
- Spouses that look like each other. Kind of weird.
- Babies that need to be tranquilized.
I have an excited face. LET ME FLY ALREADYYYYYYY.
And you know i’m freaking out. I’ve currently..
- Pulled everything out
- Kicked the carry on bag
- Pulled everything out
- Sat on it
- Packed my bookbag
- Panicked that i’ll forget something essential.
I’m just a ball of nerves every where. I’m going to be extremely stoked to see him when he comes pick me up from the airport, possibly mid swooning as well. But for right now i’m running all over the place like a haywired R2D2.
Trying to decide what outfit I want to wear. Do I want to bring my Nook or do I want to bring a book? Where the fuck are my headphones? How hot is it going to be? I’m hungry. I know i’m going to forget my charger. And then promptly I shall run into the corner of my desk during this erratic behavior.
My journey starts way too early tomorrow. I have to get on the train, then take the Metro, and sit at the airport for 5+ hours until we start boarding. It’s worth it though. Spending seven days with the boyfriend? Pfffft, I’ll wait a year at the airport if I had to.
It pretty much set up the entire tone of my day. I would have to stay in the city of Washington, DC - but you know, full scholarship you guys. I’ve been trying to gather up enough money where I can take a masters program, but realistically I wouldn’t even be able to afford it in my life time. The fact that the offer is there for me to take, well, it feels amazing. Especially after all the hard work I put in to writing essays and filling out scholarship applications.
But I have no idea where i’m heading.
I’ve got life pulling me in different directions with different people offering me different futures. It’s a big responsibility. And at the end of the day i’m choosing one path and possibly having to let go of another instead of being able to come back to it.
So here I sit, writing pro’s and con’s all over pamphlets and balled up paper trying to help my own self figuring things out. No matter who I ask, at the end of the day the only opinion that ends up mattering is my own. I could risk all that I’ve known and dive into a path that could end disastrous, but could also bring me the most happiness. I could follow the smart way, distinguish a career and end my slacker status. Or I could run away with a passport and forget the world that existed behind me.
Possibilities. I have them. And it’s driving me fucking insane.
Which made my dad confused, but buzzed enough to not question the comment and promptly stuffed his face with cheese cake.
You lady, are super awesome. Thank you so much!