The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition
- The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy: The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making… forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.
- Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation: For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Donner (Superman) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.
- IMAX Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises: See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX aspect ratio.
And as for that new exclusive memorobilia:
- Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and The Bat
- Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra’s al Ghul
- 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies
The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition will retail for $99.97.
It would have been a lot more awesome if they actually included deleted scenes and directors commentary. But hey, it’s Nolan.
It happened in the midst of a massive crowd scene on Wall Street in Manhattan, during a fight sequence between their two characters.
“It was the first time I ever heard Christian say he was tired,” Hardy remembers. “I was watching him for however many months getting beaten up and wet and cold, and he never said anything. Inside, I was dying, but I was thinking, ‘This can’t bother me because he’s not bothered.’ But on Wall Street, he just turned and said, ‘You know what? I’m exhausted.’ I said, ‘Me too.’”
“We stopped the fight and started hugging each other,” Bale adds.
The Dark Knight inspired home movie theater
This theater is being built in California by Elite Home Theater Seating, and fuses elements of Wayne Manor with the Art Deco styling of Gotham City. The best part is the secret bookcase compartment that opens up revealing the Bat garage complete with a Tumbler replica. (via)